How important is it to have originality in your business? Is it even possible to be creative as a bookkeeper? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss why originality is a bookkeeper’s greatest weapon and how creativity leads to business...
How important is it to have originality in your business? Is it even possible to be creative as a bookkeeper? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss why originality is a bookkeeper’s greatest weapon and how creativity leads to business success.
- Hannah and Melissa start by describing their creative backgrounds and how being creative helps in building originality.
- Melissa reveals, for the first time, that she initially went to college for fashion design - This is the primary reason she has such an easy time coming up with creative ideas.
- Melissa explains how the less creative bookkeepers can build originality in their business by outsourcing or delegating tasks that demand creativity.
- Hannah breaks down the misconceptions around creativity and originality - she also goes through some easy-to-implement hacks bookkeepers can use to differentiate themselves from the competition.
- Melissa explains how analytical bookkeepers can turn their businesses into creativity hubs by experimenting with the branding and marketing side of the business.
- Hannah explains how originality leads to a better customer experience.
- Hannah asks Melissa what she does to maintain originality and cultivate creativity in her business - Melissa states she’s always open to new ideas.
- Melissa talks about failing in business and why sometimes failing is necessary for success.
- Hannah and Mellisa explain how comparing yourself to others will mean the death of your creativity - Melissa also admits to having fallen into the comparison trap numerous times in the past.
- Hannah goes through simple steps you can use to spark your inner creativity and come up with original ideas.
- Melissa explains the difference between being inspired by someone and flat-out copying.
Mentioned in this episode: