Do you want to scale your business? How big do you want to be, and how quickly can you get there? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan share insights into the most important aspects of scaling a business and how to dodge the vulnerabilities that...
Do you want to scale your business? How big do you want to be, and how quickly can you get there? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan share insights into the most important aspects of scaling a business and how to dodge the vulnerabilities that arise from super-fast growth.
- Hannah asks Melissa about the exact moment she decided it was time to scale her business.
- Hannah explains why she believes the first step to scaling a business is bridging the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- Melissa illustrates how having a consistent business process is all you need to achieve consistent results.
- Hannah and Melissa go through the benefits of consistently showing up in your business, even when you don't feel like it.
- Melissa explains why sometimes it's okay to just "wing it" in your business and figure things out as you grow.
- Hannah describes why she feels having a well-defined business process makes it easier to identify the cogs in your systems that need changing or updating.
- For Melissa, learning never stops when running a business - sometimes you learn lessons the hard way, but the trick is not making the same mistake twice.
- Melissa goes through why your objective as a business owner is to go after explosive growth - however, super fast growth can come with its own set of struggles, which you should be prepared for.
- Hannah and Melissa agree that the key to maintaining business growth is to have scalable and replicable processes at all levels of the business.
- Melissa explains that growing a business means working with more clients, data, and resources - your business should be able to handle all these new responsibilities before you decide to scale.
- Hannah reveals that one of the most painful parts of scaling a business is acknowledging that the business will outgrow some employees, and you'll have to let them go.
- Melissa shares how hard it can be to let go of employees, no matter the reason - but letting go of people has to be done nonetheless.
- Hannah asks Melissa if she has a business coach to guide her through the process of scaling her business.
Mentioned in this episode: