What are the benefits of being in a mastermind group? And how should you approach finding and joining one? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss free and paid mastermind groups, the benefits of being a member of one, and share their...
What are the benefits of being in a mastermind group? And how should you approach finding and joining one? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss free and paid mastermind groups, the benefits of being a member of one, and share their experiences.
- Hannah talks about the fact that mastermind groups are a very popular topic among the Bookkeepers.com community and shares that she and Melissa actually met at an in-person mastermind.
- Melissa often doesn’t get many questions from those who don’t know her but does get plenty from people who attend mastermind events she’s part of.
- Hannah isn’t part of a mastermind group but she’s a member of a Facebook group.
- Melissa discloses that the Bookkeepers Elite mastermind group doesn’t exist anymore but some members have kept it alive through unofficial events.
- Hannah and Melissa see mastermind groups as a unique opportunity for different people to come together in a non-judgemental and friendly space.
- For Hannah, being open and the willingness to accept a different idea are one of the huge parts of joining a mastermind group.
- Melissa, on the other hand, believes that even though mastermind members may be open to other people’s ideas, they’re still going to do what they want.
- According to Hannah, one of the benefits of being in a mastermind group is that its members sort of have accountability partners.
- Melissa discusses ways members of Bookkeepers Elite have held each other accountable and shares her challenge of participating in virtual events instead of in-person events.
- Hannah sees Facebook groups as a double-edged sword.
- Melissa stresses the importance of always giving and contributing to a community or mastermind group you’re part of.
- For Hannah, when it comes to marketing and networking is ‘go where your clients go’ but with mastermind groups and communities is ‘go where your people go’.
- Melissa brings the concept of paid mastermind groups into the conversation, and talks about what being part of a mastermind group has done for her.
Mentioned in this episode: