How can bookkeepers and tax preparers build relationships that provide better customer support? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan share their thoughts on how bookkeepers and tax preparers can gain insight into each other's practices and...
How can bookkeepers and tax preparers build relationships that provide better customer support? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan share their thoughts on how bookkeepers and tax preparers can gain insight into each other's practices and improve client outcomes by building better working relationships.
- Melissa talks about why, as a bookkeeper, it's always a good idea to collaborate with tax preparers in your space. She also explains how a bookkeeper and a tax preparer working for the same client can make the client's life easier by collaborating.
- Melissa reveals how millennial or introverted bookkeepers can take the first step and reach out to the tax preparers in their space.
- Hannah and Melissa explain why you'll always be on the winning side if you constantly operate in your clients’ best interests.
- Hannah asks Melissa how she maintains her relationships with the tax preparers in her network.
- Hannah and Melissa discuss how bookkeepers and tax preparers can communicate their needs to each other without crossing boundaries.
- Melissa explains how and where brand new business owners can find a reputable tax preparer for their business.
- Melissa shares her biggest pet peeve when working with a new tax preparer.
- Hannah and Melissa reveal the key traits that define a tax preparer who's efficient and good at their job - they also discuss some simple yet effective hacks you can use to qualify or disqualify potential tax preparers before choosing to work with them.
- Hannah asks Melissa about the benefits she derives from maintaining relationships with numerous tax preparers.
Mentioned in this episode: