Want to come up with new ideas for your business? Maybe you should consider going on a brain dump retreat. Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Ben Day from Lionshare Bookkeeping - they discuss how business owners can use brain dump...
Want to come up with new ideas for your business? Maybe you should consider going on a brain dump retreat. Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Ben Day from Lionshare Bookkeeping - they discuss how business owners can use brain dump retreats to clear overwhelm and come up with fresh ideas for their businesses.
- Ben Day is the owner of Lionshare Bookkeeping where he and his team offer full-service bookkeeping exclusively to real estate investors.
- Ben is a huge proponent of having a niche - However, he also believes your niche should be broad enough for it to make sense.
- Melissa asks Ben what it’s like to manage a large team and the difference between managing full-time employees and a handful of subcontractors.
- Ben talks about creating a flexible work environment and how giving your team the opportunity to self-govern around a set of guidelines leads to better morale, improved productivity, and positive work culture.
- Hannah goes through the benefits of creating a space where team members can grow with the business but also grow individually on their own.
- According to Ben, employees become way more productive when you allow them the freedom to create their own schedule around a set of guidelines.
- Ben talks about his BKX talk - Brain Dump Retreats. The topic is built on the idea that business owners need to get away from the business and schedule some intentional quiet time; only then can they come up with brilliant ideas for the business.
- Ben shares how he performs his brain dump sessions and the positive impacts those new ideas have had on his business.
- Hannah, Ben, and Melissa share their love for dogs and how dogs lead to more fulfillment in life.
- Hannah asks Ben about his scaling journey and the moment he decided to start bringing on new team members.
- Ben believes making a lot of money at the expense of your sanity is not a great way to live life.
- Ben’s advice for business owners looking to scale is to take it slow - scaling is complicated, and trying to rush things is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.
- Hannah highlights the drawbacks of chasing new shiny things instead of focusing on the work in front of you.
- Ben reveals his experience with mentors and the benefits of having the right business mentors.
Mentioned in this episode:
Lionshare Bookkeeping - lionsharebookkeeping.com
Ben Day on LinkedIn