Are you looking for a dose of motivation, mentoring, and accountability? A mastermind group might be what you need. In this episode, co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go through the benefits of being part of a mastermind group, how to join...
Are you looking for a dose of motivation, mentoring, and accountability? A mastermind group might be what you need. In this episode, co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go through the benefits of being part of a mastermind group, how to join one, what to expect, and how to get the most out of the group.
- Hannah and Melissa talk about the benefits of being in a mastermind group and reveal they first met at the Bookkeeper Launch Mastermind Group.
- Melissa explains why she feels the best mastermind groups consist of people with diverse skill sets and experiences.
- Hannah and Melissa agree the best way to get more out of a mastermind group is to join groups that focus on areas you are not particularly good at.
- Hannah shares the benefits of being around people who push you and hold you accountable - Melissa adds that accountability partners should also understand if you have to pivot.
- Melissa highlights why it pays to join mastermind groups with people who have already reached the goal you would like to achieve.
- Hannah and Melissa share their experience in mastermind groups as well as some of the common themes around the more successful masterminds.
- According to Melissa, mastermind groups that lack structure and organization are rarely successful.
- Hannah explains how running a business can be very lonely - which is why camaraderie is such a huge thing in mastermind groups.
- Melissa highlights how masterminds can help broaden your thinking by exposing you to opinions and views of other people.
- Hannah and Melissa break down the difference between paid versus free masterminds - and how joining a paid group might motivate and push you a little bit more.
- For Melissa, finding the perfect mastermind group is a lot like online dating - you have to put yourself out there.
- Although several characteristics define productive mastermind groups, Hannah believes the best groups boast high participation levels and have a clear format for giving and receiving feedback.
- Melissa shares what she does to get the most out of both virtual and in-person mastermind meetings.
- Melissa and Hannah go through the advantages of only taking one or two things to implement in your business - too many ideas will lead to overwhelm.
Mentioned in this episode: