Do you really need a niche to grow your business? If so, how deep should you go? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Brooke Swan from Clarity Bookkeeping - they discuss the process of finding a niche, how long it takes to build a strong...
Do you really need a niche to grow your business? If so, how deep should you go? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Brooke Swan from Clarity Bookkeeping - they discuss the process of finding a niche, how long it takes to build a strong brand within your niche, and break down a simple strategy you can use to generate more business referrals.
- Brooke Swan is the Owner and CEO of Clarity Bookkeeping and Consulting - she has helped hundreds of business owners reach their goals and even enjoy accounting.
- Hannah asks Brooke what made her want to niche down and why she settled on service-based businesses.
- Brooke describes how her business has evolved since the last time she was interviewed on ILB.
- Hannah asks Brooke how much time it took to completely niche down in her business.
- Based on her experience finding and working in one specific niche, Brooke believes building your business around a niche almost always guarantees business growth.
- Brooke explains the challenges of adding new services to your business - and what it means to uniquely position yourself based on price point, service quality, and service offering.
- Brooke reveals that her favorite thing about having a niche is the confidence that comes with understanding all types of client needs.
- Hannah underlines the benefits of being detail-oriented as a bookkeeper.
- Brooke talks about the pains of working with service-based industries - and the level of detail that goes into bookkeeping for businesses that still believe in brick-and-mortar accounting.
- Brooke shares her experience using Content Snare to onboard clients, collect documents, and process queries in her business - she also reveals some of the other tools she uses to serve her clients better.
- Brooke talks about how she built a thriving business based on referrals - and how referrals from the BNI community almost tripled the size of her business.
- Melissa asks Brooke what she would recommend for new bookkeepers to guarantee business growth.
- Brooke reveals that, as an introvert, she’s not a big fan of networking events but attends them nonetheless, for the sake of her business.
- Hannah, Melissa, and Brooke agree that the easiest way to get the most out of networking events is to go after building relationships instead of trying to sell.
Mentioned in this episode:
Clarity Bookkeeping - claritybkpg.com