What should you think about and do to overcome your anxiety when talking to prospects? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go over their experience with first client anxiety and share their top tips for dealing with it and still close sales....
What should you think about and do to overcome your anxiety when talking to prospects? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go over their experience with first client anxiety and share their top tips for dealing with it and still close sales.
[0:53] Melissa shares the story of how she experienced her first client anxiety.
[1:36] Hannah and Melissa discuss how the need of closing a sale to make money to pay your bills can hijack your sale – and what you should consider and do instead.
[4:39] To overcome her fears when meeting new clients, Melissa focused on practicing her conversations. When she feels the conversation is stuck and she doesn’t know what to do, she uses “deflecting questions”. The idea is to ask people questions so that they talk about themselves.
[6:56] Melissa explains how, in her opinion, in sales, the 80/20 rule is more of a 90/10 rule where the prospect does 90% of the talking and you do the remaining 10%.
[8:51] Hannah and Melissa go over what prospects want to hear and want to see you do when you’re having a conversation.
[10:57] Hannah talks about one of the most important things you can do when meeting with a prospect, and what business owners can do to overcome anxiety.
[13:58] Hannah and Melissa share the way they go about dealing with anxiety.
[19:17] Hannah discusses her “turn the camera off” approach and what it helps her with.
[21:54] When starting out, Melissa wanted to get pretty much any type of client since the focus was on being able to pay bills. Her husband wouldn’t agree and said they should keep focusing on clients from their specific niche.
[23:28] For Melissa, a lot of beginning businesses need to educate themselves about their niche.
Mentioned in this episode: