What is a business process, and does your business really need one? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go through systems and processes that can enhance the overall performance of your business - and how you can build one that’s tailored to...
What is a business process, and does your business really need one? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan go through systems and processes that can enhance the overall performance of your business - and how you can build one that’s tailored to your business model.
- Melissa goes through the benefits of developing business processes - and why creating systems and processes is the first step to scaling a business.
- Melissa talks about the first processes she implemented in her business when she took over running the business after Daniel was deployed.
- Hannah shares her thoughts on why she believes having processes always leads to increased productivity.
- Melissa describes how hard it was to move from a sub-contractor business model to hiring permanent staff.
- Melissa reveals she is a massive fan of time blocking.
- Hannah and Melissa go through unique strategies for building efficient business processes.
- According to Melissa, processes guarantee high-quality outputs - knowing exactly what needs to be done ensures nobody skips a step and the quality is the same across team members.
- Melissa breaks down how business owners can use quantifiable metrics to evaluate the diverse aspects of their business processes.
- Hannah explains why a critical step to implementing business processes is figuring out how much it’s going to cost you.
- Hannah asks Melissa how she monitors the results of new processes - Melissa asks for feedback from her team.
- Melissa explores the benefits of building a culture where employees are comfortable pointing out the flaws in your system.
- Melissa shares how her team became hysterical when they learned that Daniel would be the one implementing the Traction business system.
- Hannah admits that she often struggles to adapt to change, especially when she’s accustomed to a specific way of doing things.
- Hannah and Melissa agree that you don’t need to build new processes from scratch - if somebody else has a process that would fit your business model, buy it and implement it.
- Melissa highlights why trusting yourself is one of the key attributes to making confident decisions as a business owner.
- Melissa explains that if your team is negatively reacting to a new process, figure out if they’re struggling because it’s new or they’re struggling because it’s not working.
Mentioned in this episode: