Scared to niche down? Wondering what to do with the clients outside your niche once you niche down? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Brandy Derrick from Legal Ease Bookkeeping - they discuss the benefits of having a niche, what to do...
Scared to niche down? Wondering what to do with the clients outside your niche once you niche down? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan talk to Brandy Derrick from Legal Ease Bookkeeping - they discuss the benefits of having a niche, what to do with clients outside your niche, and the only time it makes sense to fire a troublesome client.
- Brandy Derrick is the owner of Legal Ease Bookkeeping - she helps attorneys grow their law practices by making financial statements easy to understand while teaching accounting professionals the ins and outs of legal bookkeeping.
- Brandy shares her journey into bookkeeping and what she learned running books for her father’s multiple businesses.
- Melissa asks Brandy about the benefits of running a virtual bookkeeping business - and what it’s like to serve clients in 27 states.
- Brandy describes the moment she decided to niche down and what she did to gather information about attorneys and businesses in her niche.
- Hannah asks Brandy what it’s like working with people who know the law from A to Z.
- Brandy shares how she got started in bookkeeping - and why she decided to start her own company with a specific focus on providing bookkeeping to attorneys.
- Hannah asks Brandy how she finds new bookkeeping clients and the places she believes her accounting leads like to hang out.
- Brandy reveals the pain points she endured during the first few months of her niching journey.
- Melissa and Brandy agree that trying to retain clients who cause a lot of friction in your business is never worth the trouble.
- Brandy reveals her favorite part of running a business - she also admits that running a business is not easy but can be a very rewarding journey.
- Melissa asks Brandy what she would recommend bookkeepers do when diving into the world of legal bookkeeping.
Mentioned in this episode:
Brandy Derrick on LinkedIn
Legal Ease Bookkeeping - legaleasebookkeeping.com