Want to know how to create job postings that attract stronger candidates? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss creative, inviting ways to write effective job postings that filter out unqualified applicants and attract the ideal...
Want to know how to create job postings that attract stronger candidates? Co-hosts Hannah Robinson and Melissa Honan discuss creative, inviting ways to write effective job postings that filter out unqualified applicants and attract the ideal candidate.
- Hannah introduces the topic by highlighting the struggles new business owners face when it comes to job postings.
- Melissa highly recommends the Bookkeepers.com community for posting bookkeeping jobs due to its high talent quality..
- While the job description must be clear and straight to the point, Melissa feels the job posting is where your personality and creativity should stand out.
- To get your job posting to stand out, Hannah is convinced you must be creative - This is why Melissa uses Bernie Sanders memes to gain people's attention.
- Hannah and Melissa agree that hiding "trivia eggs" in the job posting is a great way to ensure applicants read the entire post. Applicants that do not respond to the trivia are automatically filtered out.
- For Melissa, the last thing you would want is to hire a bookkeeper who is not detail oriented. The job posting is the best place to screen for such soft skills.
- Melissa goes through the benefits of using video in your job posting.
- Hannah explains why the job description needs to accompany the job posting, helping applicants apply for the right positions.
- According to Melissa, networking and being part of a professional community is by far the best way to land exceptional team members.
- Should employers disclose pay information on job posts? Hannah and Melissa believe they should.
- Melissa adds that making prospects go through the entire application process without letting them know your pay structure is just unethical.
- Hannah also points out that higher-quality candidates that know their worth will not waste time applying to jobs that don't have a clear pay structure.
- Hannah explains why the job posting is the ideal place to highlight the benefits of working for your organization.
- Hannah and Melissa discuss the pros and cons of posting jobs on recruiting sites like Indeed and Upwork.
- Melissa believes business owners should consider in-house talent before going after new employees.
Mentioned in this episode: